Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Using Spring Forms Part 2

Using some tips from Peter Reinart's Artisan Bread Every Day, I made this loaf

The difference is this:
625g flour
452g water (100 degrees)
9g salt
5g yeast (notice that this is more than before .80%)

I mixed the dough using a Kitchen Aid, and then did four folds by hand in the mixing bowl, each 10 minutes apart, before placing the dough into a plastic container, and then into the refrigerator.

After about 12 hours in the refrigerator, I emptied the dough onto an oiled surface, and shaped the loaf into a boule, and placed the dough into a loaf pan (8-1/2" springform lined with parchment).

I preheated the oven to 550 degrees (F), and after adding water to the roasting pan, I lowered the temperature to 450 degrees, and placed the pan with the dough into the oven.

I baked the bread until the internal temperature reached 205 degrees.

Notice the slight char at the "ear" of the loaf!

This was a spectacular loaf, with great crust and even crumb.

So, for the 9x5 loaf pan, this would be:
Flour...469g....100%
Water...339g....72.3%
Salt......7g.....1.49%
Yeast.....3.75g.....0.80%
Total weight 819g

No comments:

Post a Comment